Monday, March 27, 2017

SSINKspiration Technique Challenge #SSINKTC43: Paper Weaving

Good morning!  What a beautiful Saturday we had, absolutely loved it!  The guys had fun camping and I enjoyed some quiet time and time with friends.  It's the start of a new week, and it's my birthday week, yeah! so today we're starting off with a fun technique challenge over on the SSINKspiration blog.  This month it's all about paper weaving and I'll admit this was a technique I don't use often and took a little liberty with my card but variety is the spice of life, right?

With all the different patterns and colors on this card this is a great way to let the designer series paper and background take center stage and be the star of the card!

I started with Sweet Sugarplum cardstock for the cardbase and then used a piece of Basic Black cardstock to mat my Very Vanilla cardfront.  On the cardfront I attached lots of different strips of designers series paper from the Playful Palette DSP stack that were cut at 1/2" wide and alternated the patterns.  I really helped to layout the strips first before attaching them to get the look I wanted and then attached them.  I also cut my strips extra long at first to make sure I had enough coverage and then trimmed them down and used the little pieces to fill in the background pattern.


As bright and cheery as these colors and patterns are I knew I need to make this a birthday card so I used the Confetti Celebration stamp set and stamped the greeting in Emerald Envy ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then used Paper Snips to trim the tails for the flag.  I also stamped the little party lights string on the greeting piece using Blushing Bride ink before attaching the greeting to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a bow tied out of Peekaboo Peach 3/8"  Ruched Ribbon to add some texture.

This is a great technique to use up paper scraps that you hate to get ride of and definitely shows off all the great patterns of paper in our DSP packs and it doesn't take a lot of tools or supplies so this is just as easy for the beginning crafter as the more experienced.  Make sure to check out the other great cards the design team is sharing using this technique, they're really great and will give you even more inspiration before you play along with us and use this fun technique.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog