Friday, August 2, 2013

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Million & One

Happy Friday stamping friends!  I'm glad you could stop by this morning, I have a fun card to share with you for this weeks Fab Friday sketch challenge.  This sketch  gives a fun idea to start but really leaves open lots of possibilities.  My cardbase is Raspberry Ripple and I added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock that was stamped with the Dictionary stamp set in Crumb Cake and sponged around the edge and all over the layer so it's nice and distressed.  To this layer I also added the ampersign from the Hello, Lovely stamp set (this is a great new set that has some great images) stamped in Raspberry Ripple, stamped off once for a lighter effect. 

The greeting is from the new Million & One stamp set and was stamped in Midnight Muse and punched out with the 2 1/2" circle punch, and sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake.  I matted this piece with a flower that was cut with the Big Shot and the Floral Frames Framelits in Summer Starfruit.  I attached this piece to the top of the card and then used the paper trimmer to trim off the top.  For the decorative accent I added a piece of Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon, an arrow stamped with the same Hello, Lovely stamp set in Crumb Cake ink and cut out with my Paper Snips.  The flower uses the 7/8" scallop circle punch and the cardstock is Midnight Muse and I crumpled it up to add some texture before adding a Raspberry Ripple Dalia to the center of the flower.
 
I think this card is soft and elegant while being fun and whimsical at the same time, I really like how this turned out.  This layout is great since you could change the colors, elements, and greetings, for any occasion.  You should definitely save this sketch to give you inspiration in the future.
 
Have a great weekend and happy stamping!
 
Diana

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. what a great thank you card. So happy you shared it with all of us.
    Have a blessed day, sherrill graff
    late night stamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bold colors look great together but aren't too much when paired with vanilla/crumb cake combo! Love the ampersand too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card and my favorite part is the newprint DSP! I really love how you stamped at question mark in the corner! So cute! Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! I love the colors and the fun elements like the ampersand and arrow. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog