Monday, August 26, 2013

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: Truly Grateful

All good things must come to an end and that means that our vacation is over and it's back to work and camp this week for the family.  We had a fabulous time and really feel rested and recharged.  I'm also back so several fun projects this week, including this card for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge.  These are three unique colors combined in a way that I would not have come up with but it made me think of fall so it was perfect to pair with the new Truly Grateful stamp set.

The cardbase is Pear Pizzazz and I added a layer of Early Espresso and then Very Vanilla that I had used Crumb Cake ink and the chevron wood stamp from the Truly Grateful set.  I also added the tree circle in Early Espresso that was great to offset the greeting that was stamped in Crushed Curry, punched out with the oval punch (sponged with Early Espresso ink) and matted with the Scalloped Oval Punch with Pear Pizzazz cardstock. 
 
Along the top I took a piece of Crushed Curry cardtock that was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch, embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I also added a piece of 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon around this layer to break up the Crushed Curry layer.  For a fun accent I stamped the acorn image in Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock, punched it out with the 1" circle punch and attached it to the card with linen thread.

I love how this card turned out and can't wait to use this stamp set on lots of other projects and will be using this color combination again in the future.  Hope you enjoy and feel free to play around with this color combination to see what you can create.
 
Enjoy!
 
Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant. Thanks for playing with HSS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the layout and the little pops of color! I also like that you created a nice stamped background....great lines!! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista! This stamp set as so many fun elements that work so well together, lots of fun.

      Delete

Search This Blog