Monday, August 12, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: Bombs Away Birthday Photoploymer Stamps

Happy Monday!  So for once I'm really looking forward to a Monday.  Want to know why, because I only have one more week before our family vacation and I can't wait to get away and enjoy the beach with friends and family.  There are lots of things I'm trying to get wrapped up before we head out of town so I decided to use this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge as the inspiration for a birthday card I needed for a friend who's birthday we're celebrating while at the beach.  This card starts with a Crumb Cake cardbase and I added a layer of Island Indigo before adding three strips of Soho Subway designer series paper (I love the more masculine images in this paper pack, it's perfect for guy cards).  I added three of the new Candy Dots to the top right colors in various colors from the DSP.
 
Next I added a piece of 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon and I cut off the edges and frayed them to add some added texture.  The greeting uses the Bombs Away Birthday Photopolymer Stamp set (if you haven't noticed yet, I LOVE this set because of it's "snarky" messages, so out of the box.  I colored in the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers before stamping to add all the colors and then used the Big Shot and the Oval Collection framelits to cut the greeting out.  Next I sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  I added a little piece of the same Soho Subway DSP that was punched out with the Artisan Label Punch and sponged around the edge with both Crumb Cake and Summer Starfruit ink.  The final touch was to add an Early Espresso Button (had to use a retired one since I don't have the new Neutrals Buttons yet) and tied a bow with linen thread.

This card turned out so awesome, I love it!  It's got lots of texture and dimension that all work together and I know it will be perfect to send birthday wishes for our friend.  This sketch challenge works so well with all our designer series paper and you could make all types of cards by just changing the patterns, inks, and greetings, love the versatility.
 
Hope you enjoy and have a great day!
 
Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Diana! I love this card! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew this week!
    kim

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog