Sunday, August 18, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration: Scrapbook Sketch Challenge

Good evening friends!  I hope you had an enjoyable weekend, we've officially started our beach vacation and are so excited for a nice, restful getaway.  Don't worry, I'll be sharing several projects with you this week so you'll still have lots of inspiration.  Today I'm sharing the a scrapbook page I made for this month's scrapbook sketch challenge on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  There are some great ideas on the blog so make sure to take the time to check out the other ideas.  I stayed pretty close to the sketch design for this one since it worked perfectly for a Christmas page from Aidan making his annual gingerbread house. 
 
The cardbase is Crumb Cake and I used the Six Sided Sampler stamp set to randomly stamp the hexagons all over the background. I also used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Early Espresso ink to stamp the little splatter.  The designer series paper is the Season of Style DSP and has some wonderful non-holiday specific images.  I used the DSP for the flags in the top left corner along with the decorative strip cut from the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die.  The pictures are matted on Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler cardstock and the journaling block is Whisper White.  I also added an Old Olive button with an Early Espresso Baker's Twine bow as an accent to the journaling block.

For the title I used the new Joy to the World stamp set and cut it out with the Apothecary Accents framelits, and trimmed along the top and bottom to make it a little shorter.  Cute little Neutrals candy dots accent the edges.  Isn't that little banner accent cute?  I used the new Label Thinlit die to cut it out and it's great since it includes the score lines so it makes it a breeze to cut and fold.  The final touch was to add three rhinestones in different sizes since everyone loves a little bling (Aidan loves to use rhinestones on his projects!)

This page turned out so fun, I love it.  I have to admit I don't scrapbook nearly enough and it's one of the things I've been working this year, I would love to get "caught up" if that's possible.  I hope you enjoyed this page and you could certainly use this sketch for a card or other project just as easily.
 
Happy stamping,
 
Diana


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog