Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: Toil and Trouble Halloween Greetings

Happy, happy Tuesday!  I have to say, this has been one of the most unusual August's I've experienced on the East Coast.  It's been so cool and pleasant that it keeps making me think of fall, and what comes along with fall but Halloween.  For the this weeks Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge I decided to channel these fall feelings for a Halloween card.  I drew the color inspiration from directly from the Witches Brew Designer Series paper.  The cardbase is Summer Star fruit and I layered that with Basic Gray and a layer of Very Vanilla that I stamped with the Dictionary stamp set and sponged around the edges with Smoky Slate ink.
 
The striped layer is from the Witches Brew DSP and is matted with Basic Black.  Next I inked up the large image in the Toil and Trouble stamp set with Pumpkin Pie ink and stamped it and cut it out with the Oval Collection Framelits to just highlight a piece of the pattern.  The greeting is from the Halloween Hello stamp set and was punched out with the Oval Punch and matted with the Scallop Oval punch and Basic Black cardstock.  The final touch was to add a knot bow I tied with the Smoky Slate Chevron ribbon (this ribbon is AWESOME!)
 
I have to say, I absolutely love this years Halloween collection of products and am looking forward to using it for lots of other projects in the upcoming months.
 
Enjoy and happy stamping,
 
Diana
 




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, Diana. Your Halloween theme goes perfectly with this week's sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great combination of DSP! I really love how you used the chevron ribbon as well! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!
    kim

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog