Thursday, August 8, 2013

Stylin' Stampin' Squad August Blog Hop: Holiday Catalog Preview, Toil and Trouble


Good morning friends!  It's that time of the month, the Stylin' Stampin' Squad blog hop starts today and we're so excited to share lots of fun ideas using the products in the newly release Holiday catalog.  There are so many fabulous products in this catalog for Halloween, Fall/Thanksgiving, and Christmas as well as so many kits and bundles to help you save time and money on projects there is really something for everyone.  If you've been moving along this hop you're joining me from Bree's site (I love all her projects), if you're just starting the hop from my site you can continue around the hop so you don't miss anything.

For my project I decided to make a halloween card (I love decorating for Halloween and giving cards and gifts it's a great way to kick off the full holiday season).  This card uses the new Toil and Trouble stamp set.  I started with a cardbase of Crumb Cake and used my Paper Piercer to pierce the design in the top and bottom right corners.  Next I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and stamped the skeleton in Versamark and heat embossed with Whisper White embossing powder.  I also added strips of Witches Brew Designer Washi Tape (this tape is so fun and easy).  I matted this layer on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock that I sponged around the edges with Basic Gray ink.
 
The main stamped image is also from the Toil and Trouble stamp set and was stamped with Smoky Slate ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I cut this element out with the Big Shot and the Apothecary Accents framelits before sponging around the edge (and all over) with Crumb Cake ink.  Next I selected random words on the image to highlight and stamped them again in different color in and/or paper and cut them out (sponged around all the edges) and attached them to the card with dimensionals so they pop up.  The final touch was to add a greeting from the Delightful Dozen stamp set that was stamped on Summer Starfuit cardstock (I used a Stampin' Write Marker to color in just the greeting since the stamp also has a pumpkin which I didn't want to use on this card and punched it out with the Word Window Punch (once again sponged round the edges) and popped it up with dimensionals as well. 
 
I played around with this card a lot but in the head I'm absolutely in love with how it turned out, it has a fun design without being either too scary or kiddish which I love.  With all the great coordinating Halloween projects in the Holiday catalog it's going to be so fun and simple to make fabulous projects, I can't wait.
 
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and I hope I've inspired you with fun ideas using products from the Halloween suite (I would love for you to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my project) and please take the time to follow along the hop, Annie is next up and you'll definitely want to see what she has to share. 
 
Thanks and happy stamping!



Blog Hop Participants:
  1. Shellie G. of Craft Smashup
  2. Pam S. of Stampin' in the Sun!
  3. Rose C. of Stamp with Rose
  4. Tonya B. of Stampin' with Tonya
  5. Dawn S. of Dawn's Creative Chalet
  6. Darcy J. of DJ's Stampin' Place
  7. Pamela W. of Stinky Tofu
  8. Kim R. of Stamping with Kim
  9. Heidi B of Stuck on Stampin'
  10. Jennifer B. of NW Stamper
  11. Bree R. of Craft-somnia
  12. Diana E. of Stampin' Fun with Diana
  13. Annie L. of Love Me Cards
  14. Jennifer C. of Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. GREAT card Diana! I love how you used the different colors and popped a few of the words up. This is one of my favorite Halloween sets for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I didn't noticed the stamp set in the catalog - now I have to go back and find it! Cute way to use the washi tape on black cardstock!! It was so nice to meet you @ Convnetion. - Pam W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, glad you enjoyed and it was great meeting you as well.

      Delete
  3. Diana, I love your card! I like how you incorporated the bigger word stamp with the skeleton on the left. I was wondering how to use both together.. and was at a loss. I get those blonde "moments" LOL. Thank you so much - great idea and spooky card!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love how you highlighted different words in different colors like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, I am really loving the way you added in pops of color with a word here and there mixed with the gray ink. It really completes the look of the card! Perfect addition of the washi tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this stamp set during the preorder and I love how you popped up select words. Great card that is perfect for Halloween!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Love the Halloween washi!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog