Friday, April 10, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Lovely Amazing You

Good morning!  What a rollercoaster of a week, not just getting back to work and school but this weather is crazy, at least we’re looking forward to a nice weekend so that’ll be good.  It’s Friday, which means it’s time for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and this one is special as I have a friend at work who’s leaving today so this is for her.  I’m sad to see her go, but so happy for her and the new opportunity!

I started with Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock and then added a piece of the Gold Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper (can you believe this is the first I’ve opened the package but boy this this paper beautiful, love all the gold accents!!).  I decided to stamp the greeting directly on the DSP so I heat embossed it using the Lovely Amazing You Photopolymer stamp set, Versamark, Heat Tool, and Gold Embossing Powder (awesome!!!)

For the fun accents I used another piece of the DSP and used the Ornate Tag Topper Punch on the top and tied some Crisp Cantaloupe Thick Baker’s Twine and on the bottom I punched the edges using the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch.  Next I used the Artisan Label Punch to punch a piece of Garden Green cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder before attaching it behind the tag so it peaks out the side.
Close up of the Greeting




For the main stamped image I used the Bloom with Hope Stamp set stamped it with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the image.  Then I punched it out with the 2” Circle Punch and used the 2 3/8” Scallop Circle Punch to create the mat using Calypso Coral cardstock.  I used lots of dimensionals to pop the different layers up for add height.

This card is so bright and cheery I really hope it expresses how happy I am for my friend.  And now that I know how beautiful this paper is, watch out I’m going to be using it a lot more! 

 
 
 
B
elow are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Have an enjoyable weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I love this DSP too, but unlike you I just ordered it for a third time. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog