Sunday, April 12, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #65


Happy Sunday!  What a beautiful morning!  It’s time for another race, this morning I’m running the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler with some friends down in D.C.  I’m excited that the cherry blossoms will be blooming this year so it should be a beautiful race.  It’s time for another card for this weeks Can You Case It? Sketch challenge and this week we were given 10 minutes and two layers to see what we could create. 

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase.  For my first layer I took a piece of Soft Suede cardstock and stamp the World Map background stamp in the same color ink.  Then I crumpled up the cardstock and then flattened it before sponging all over with Soft Suede Ink.  Before attaching the cardstock to the cardbase I distressed around the edges for texture.

For the main stamped image I started by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with the Big Shot and Party Pennants BigzL Die.  I stamped the train from the Traveler stamp set in Soft Suede Ink.  I used the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to stamp the splatters in Crumb Cake ink.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set using Mossy Meadow ink.  I used the ¼” Handheld Punch to punch two holes before threading some Mossy Meadow 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon.

It’s fun to see how much you can do with not a lot of time or supplies and still turn out fun card.  And it’s a guy card which is even better!
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
 
Diana
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this! The crumpled background world map is awesome and that train from Traveler is one of my all time favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana.... LOVE IT!!! its looks like suede or leather and the distressing is perfection! : ) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your clean and quick card. Love the crumpled up paper. Great detail and awesome team challenge card this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog