Sunday, April 19, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #66

Happy Sunday!  These are the weekends I love, beautiful weather, family fun, and some relaxation (hopefully we have more of the same today)!  It’s Sunday, so you know that means it’s time for the weekly Can You Case It? Sketch challenge.  We were given complete freedom with this challenge so I decided to use lots of fun elements for a card that just makes me smile.  The Big News stamp set is one of my favorites in this years catalog and awesomeness is always something to celebrate!!

I started with Tangerine Tango cardstock for the cardbase and then added a layer of Night of Navy cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  I glued some sequins in two of the corners that are from a past Paper Pumpkin kit (love when you get a little extra in kits that you can use on other projects!).  Next I added a piece of Birthday Bash Speciality Designer Series Paper that has lots of confetti.   

For the greeting I used my Stampin’ Write Markers to color directly on the stamp from the Big News stamp set and then punched both ends with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch (this punch has quickly become one of my favorites since I can do so much with it and it’s great for attaching ribbon to cardstock.  I attached the greeting to the card by threading ribbon (in this case it was the SAB Best Day Ever Ribbon (didn’t realize I grabbed that ribbon when I was making it) but any similar ribbon will work).  I did also add a couple of dimensionals to the back of the greeting just so that it stays in place and pops up.

This card will certainly brighten anyone’s day and let them know how truly awesome you think they are.  You can also use this same layout and swap out colors, DSP, and greetings from the same stamp set (or others) and make equally fabulous cards in no time.  Make sure to check out the other design team creations for further inspiration and then come play along, we love to see what others create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the tag punch on both ends with the ribbon for the sentiment! I'm also loving the Tangerine Tango with the Night of Navy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! I have such issues with orange(ish) base but you have solved it for me. Great color combos. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana - love the ribbon detail! I don't gave this set, but you make it look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such and fun and cute team card this week! Love the added sparkle with the sequins!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog