Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog: Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Good morning!  With the come of spring it means the countdown has officially started for the end of the school year (I know Aidan’s looking forward to summer break).  As we look to the end of school year activities one thing that’s always on my “to do” list is teacher appreciation gifts so today over on the Stylin’Stampin’ INKspiration blog we’re sharing ideas perfect for teacher gifts.  We give Aidan’s teachers gifts all year long for all the holidays so this isn’t the first time we’ve let his teachers know we appreciate they’re service but I like to do something special at the end of the year.  When the Occasions catalog was released and I saw the Berry Basket die an idea immediately popped into my head and this is the result.  I made an uber cute berry basket to hold a set of coordinating note cards.

I used Wild Wasabi cardstock for the basket base and after cutting it out with the Big Shot and Berry Basket Bigz L Die I embossed it using the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder.  I used a piece of DSP from the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper package for the trim of the basket and used the Mini stapler to assemble the box and attach the trim (the whole box comes together in just a couple of minutes, which is perfect!)  I added a bow using the Whisper White Organza ribbon. 

I made the tag for the box using My Digital Studio (I’m so going to miss this program) and started by using the Decorative Label Punch in MDS and creating the tag inside the punch so I knew when I printed the tag it would perfectly fit in the punch, then I just attached it to front of the box using dimensionals.

To make the matching note cards I started with the Crumb Cake Note Card set (these are perfect since they’re a little smaller than traditional A2 cards and already come precut and scored with matching envelopes.  All I did was add a piece of the coordinating Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper and a piece of Pear Pizzaz Chevron Ribbon.  The greeting is from the Lovely Amazing You and I stamped it in Rich Razzleberry and Pacific Point ink, punched it out with the 2” Circle Punch and then punched out mats using the 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle Punch.  I did use dimensionals to attach the greeting so it popped up over the ribbon.  The final touch was a few rhinestones for a little bling.  I decided to make thank yous for the basket since I’ve noticed we get a lot of notes from teachers so I thought they would get more use out of them.

These are too cute and I love the floral patterns in this DSP (do you know that the DSP was created based on actual watercolor paintings some of the artists in the home office created (awesome!)  Now I have one teacher gift ready to go, just a few more and we’ll be all set.  The designers are sharing more great ideas over on the SSINK blog so check them out for more ideas!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy crafting,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog