Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Kids Birthday Cards: Be the Star

Good morning!  I haven’t purchases a card in the store for several years, I love how you let people know how much you appreciate them by giving a handmade card.  In order to do that however I have to have a wide selection of cards available because, let’s be honest we all have those last minute occasions and you need to be able to send a card out right away.  Today over on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog we’re focusing on kid’s birthday cards and providing some fun ideas for the kiddos.  I decided to do something a little outside the box and make my card a little more open so I could use it for different occasions and just right inside all the birthday greetings and used lots of stars to really make it fun. 

I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Maritime Designer Series Paper (love that this has stars on the DSP to go along with my star theme) and matted it with Night of Navy cardstock.  I used a different pattern from the same DSP package for the circle and punched it out with the 2” Circle Punch.  Next I stamped two different size stars from the Be the Star stamp set and cut them out with the Big Shot and Star Framelits.  I also cut out two different sized stars using the framelits and Silver Foil Paper.  The greeting is from the same stamp set and after stamping it in Night of Navy ink I punched it out with a 1” Circle Punch and then sponged around the edges with Real Red ink.  To finish the card all I needed to do was glue down the pieces in an arrangement I liked and I used dimensionals on the greeting and small silver star.  The final touch was to add a rhinestone to the center of the Real Red star for just a little extra bling.

This card as a very organic, free flowing feel to it which is lots of fun.  Now I’m all set for the next kid’s birthday (usually last minute of course) that comes up so we’ll be ready to head off to the fun.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy crafting,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Great card. I love this DSP. I love how everything just flows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, love your card! the Stars are awesome! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog