Sunday, April 5, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Color Challenge CYCI #64

Happy Easter!  I don't know about you but I love this holiday as we get to spend time with our family and remember what's really important.  Before we head off to enjoy the day I wanted to share the card I made for this weeks Can You Case It? color challenge.  This color combo is so fresh and spring like but I decided to not make an Easter card (let's admit it I've been sharing a lot of those recently).  The Hello Life stamp set (that coordinates with the fabulous kit) is so fun and I love the main saying from the set I decided to use it has the focal point for this card.

I started with Crisp Cantaloupe for the cardbase and then added a piece of DSP from the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack and wrapped a piece of 5/8" Whisper White Organza Ribbon.

For the main stamped image I stamped the greeting from the Hello Life stamp set using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White cardstock.  Next I used the flower image from the Bloom with Hope stamp set and stamped it randomly in Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding ink (some of the flowers were stamped off and others were full strength for different dimensions to the flowers).  I used a piece of Pistachio Pudding cardstock to mat the stamped piece and then attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.


This is a nice and simple card that really lets the message be the focus and I love how the Black really pops against the other colors.  The Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding are two of the 2013-2015 In Colors that will be retiring at the end of June and all the products using these colors will definitely be on the retired list when it's released on April 21 and will only be available while supplies last so make sure to stock up on all your favorite colors (including ink refills) while they're still available.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a wonderful Easter!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Diana, ok I've got to say... I love how you used the SWL dsp stack for your card! And the flowers & Sentiment on the layers... took it to another level! :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great team challenge card. Love the stamped background using the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog