Friday, April 3, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Stamp Set Focus: Sheltering Tree

Happy Easter!  We’re wrapping up our vacation and heading home today (always the sad part) but we’ve had such a fun and relaxing time with lots of memories to cherish.  Today’s card is a combo using this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge along with the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog stamp set focus, using Sheltering Tree.  This stamp set is so fun, you can create a beautiful card for any season or occasion using the different stamps included in the set. It’s a builder set so you can use any of the pieces necessary and colors to build the image you want.  With the arrival of spring, and Easter only two days away, I used that as inspiration for this card, as well as a memory of when I was young. 

When I was a child my grandparents gave us decorative sugar eggs for Easter and they were so pretty, they looked like sugar eggs on the outside and were hollow and had an oval opening and showed a fun Easter scene inside the egg (of course these were all made of sugar) but I decided to use this memory as inspiration for this card.

For this card I started with a cardbase of Blushing Bride and then added a layer of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I stamped the image on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  I built it using lots of the stamps and colors so I had a pretty spring scene.  Next I took a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and cut an opening out using the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits, then embossed it with the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder and then added faux stitching using a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker.

I created the flowers using the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and Blushing Bride and Strawberry Slush cardstock.  After punching out the layers I curled the petals using a bone folder and then attached little pearls in the center of each.  The final touch was to add the greeting, I decided to get a head start on Mother's Day and used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and punched out the greeting using the Modern Label Punch and attached with dimensionals.  For a final bit of bling a colored a couple of pearls using a blendabilities marker before attaching them to the greeting piece.

This card has lots of elements that really add to the beauty and elegance of the card.  It really does remind of those Easter eggs from my childhood and I love it!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Have a wonderful Easter Sunday and enjoy time with your family!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

Search This Blog