Thursday, April 9, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop: Washi Tape Fun


Happy Thursday, it’s time for this months Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog hop and the design team has decided to share our love of Washi Tape for this months projects!  I love how pretty and easy to use this tape is, and the fact that you can reposition, it makes me happy as I usually need to tinker with elements on my projects until I’m happy.  As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number (2) on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - (Breelin at Craft-Somnia Momma). If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

While I like the look of the washi tape it can sometimes have a “flat” effect on cards so I decided I wanted to use lots of layers, textures, and accessories to help add the dimension that I like on cards.  I started with Baked Brown Sugar for the cardbase and then added a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Honeycomb Embossing Folder.  Next I used the On Film Framelits and some Gold Foil Cardstock to cut the polaroid picture frame.

For the insert I used the Retro Fresh Washi Tape and added two pieces on the top and bottom.  The greeting is the Watercolor Thank You (love some of our single stamps) and was stamped in Tangerine Tango ink.  I used some Baked Brown Sugar and Coastal Cabana Thick Baker’s Twine to tie around the bottom of the picture frame.  For a final fun element I used the third print of Washi Tape in the package and attached it to a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and then used the arrow framelit from the On Film Framelit set to cut out a perfectly matching accent and attached it with a dimensional.

I always love how you can use some simple accessories to really help elevate a card and don’t have to use lots of crazy techniques and stamping (although that is fun at times as well)!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s projects:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Jenn’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.

http://happy2scrap4life.blogspot.com/http://happy2scrap4life.blogspot.com/2015/04/all-about-washi-ssi-april-blog-hop.html

Blog Hop Participant List:
  1. Jenny at Jenny G Paper Crafts
  2. Breelin at Craft-Somnia Momma
  3. Diana at Stampin Fun with Diana
  4. Jenn at Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life
  5. Shellie at Craft Smashup
  6. Kim at Stamping with Kim
Enjoy and have a great day,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love your card <3 colours are beautiful and the gold accents <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you used the gold foil paper for the framelit. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog