Friday, April 24, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and SSINK Favorites: Blooming with Hope

Good morning!  It’s been such a beautiful week and despite my allergies playing games I’m really enjoying this time of year.  Also, this years retiring list was released and several of my favorites are on it so I’ll be showing them some extra love between now and the end of May so we can all enjoy.  Everything blooming was definitely the inspiration for my card today which plays double duty both as my Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog Friday Favorites by using the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper as the foundation (this paper is stunning).

I started with Rose Red for the cardbase and then added a piece of Soft Sky cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder (so sad it’s retiring).  I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock to the bottom and stamped the greeting from the Bloom with Hope stamp set (it’s a hostess exclusive so also retiring and my Friday Favorite item) using Pacific Point ink.  I wrapped a piece of Pear Pizzaz Chevron Ribbon (sniff, sniff, also retiring) around the center to hide the seam.

For the main focal piece I decided to let the DSP pattern be the star so I just matted it with Rich Razzleberry cardstock before attaching it to the cardfront.  For a final accent I took a Pacific Point Button from the Brights Button Pack and tied a bow using a piece of Strawberry Slush Thick Baker’s Twine (it’s a 2013-1025 In Color so we knew everything using this color would be retiring).

I love how this paper uses some of the bright colors but they’re not crazy and work so well together, plus since there’s variants in the coloring you can use other colors, such as Pear Pizzazz and Strawberry Slush and they coordinate well.  I know I’m coming late to using this DSP but it’s stolen my heart so be on the lookout as it will be making frequent appearances so you can fall in love as well!

 



Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great weekend,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog