Thursday, December 25, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration: Design Team Family Christmas Cards

 Merry Christmas!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with your family.  This is a day we like to just chill and relax and enjoying the family time.  Today on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog we didn’t want to leave you lacking inspiration so we thought we would share our families Holiday cards with you.  Given that I make cards it’s kind of expected and anticipated to see what I come up with and usually I design and make my cards in the summer so I just have to add the picture and write in them so the hard part is finished before the holiday craziness starts.  This year I was running behind so I didn’t make our card until Thanksgiving so it had to be a bit easier but still WOW!  The other thing I have to tell you is that like most crafters I have a large stash of product and quite a bit of it is retired that I don’t use in my business but I still love it so I use it for our family cards and projects to help use up the stash (so I can get more, right???)

This years card started with Baja Breeze for the cardbase.  I added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was stamped with the Hardwood Stamp set and Crumb Cake ink, embossed with the Big Shot and Star Embossing Folder, and then sponged with Crumb Cake ink to help distress the look of the cardstock (there was a lot of steps but I LOVE how the background turned out).  I used the Big Shot and Star Framelits to cut out the shape of our family picture.  I added a piece of retired DSP along the bottom (of course it has glitter for my sparkle!)

The greeting is from the Merry Everything and was stamped in Real Red ink on Whisper White cardstock before punching it out with the Note Tag Punch.  I used the ¼” Circle Punch to punch a whole to add my ribbon (retired, of course, I won’t even admit how much ribbon I have) and dimensionals were used to attach the greeting to the cardfront.

Typically I leave the inside of our cards blank so I have lots of room to write each card.  This year we actually had a lot go on and I really didn’t want to write the same info 70 times so I decided to design and insert using My Digital Studio.  I opened a blank file using an 8 ½” x 11” standard cardstock size (so I could get 4 card inserts per page).  I added text with the family letter and then added 5 circle punch pieces along the left side so I could add more pictures for highlights of the year.  I did also add a holiday embellishment that coordinated with the cardstock color and DSP from the cardfront (the great thing about MDS is that digital elements never retire so you can use them forever, even after we stop selling the physical products).

In the end I really love our card and it fits our family and personalities!

Below are the easy ordering links for the current products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
I want to thank all my customers, friends, readers, and followers, I love sharing my creativity and love of stamping and crafting with you and I hope I can inspire and help you create the projects you want.

I hope you enjoyed and have a Merry Christmas!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog