Friday, December 12, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Holiday Invitation

Happy Friday peeps!  Are ready for the weekend?  This is a big weekend….for the holidays I love to bake cookies and give them as gifts so I designate one weekend as my baking weekend and make anywhere from 6-8 different types of cookies and candies, package them up and then deliver them to friends, neighbors, and coworkers.  So I’ll be a busy chickee.  Before I get started on all the holiday fun, it’s time for our weekly Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch challenge.  This week we were given a really fun sketch which is great for showing off all our fabulous designer series paper and how they coordinate together.  I started with Garden Green for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that is the base for all my DSP panels.  I used the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack for this card, such traditional Christmas colors, it’s perfect and the stack as so many different patterns it will fit all your needs (not just for the holidays!)
After attaching all the DSP panels I added the greeting, which is from the Holiday Invitation stamp set, stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut flag tails on one end.  For the embellishment I decided to use the Wonderous Wreath Framelits and the Big Shot to cut the bow out of Gold Glimmer Paper (it’s just the perfect blingy touch).  I did add a red star to the center of the bow using Red Glimmer Paper and the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack.
This is such an easy card to make if your still working on your holiday cards this may be a perfect layout for you, plus it’s mailable which the postman appreciates.  And you can use up lots of those DSP scraps that you’ve been holding on to so it’s cost effective and cleaning up your crafting space.

 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

Have an enjoyable Friday and hope you get some crafting time!

Diana


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog