Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration New Years: Mingle All the Way

Good morning and Happy New Years Eve!  Why is it that vacation time moves even faster than regular time?  We've been having a great time and enjoying every minute.  Today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog we're sharing ideas for New Years cards so I decided to combine this with the Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge for double the fun.  I started with Pool Party for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock under by decorative pieces (white looks best in my opinion when using the Gold and Silver Vellum paper).    I added two pieces of the striped Silver Vellum Paper and then created my own paper for the other two panels.  To mimic the drink theme in my greeting stamp I took a piece of Basic Black cardstock and used the Small Oval punch (with Old Olive cardstock) and 1/4" Circle Handheld Punch (with Real Red cardstock) to create olives on the paper. Then I ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder to embed the olives in the cardstock for added fun.

For the stamped greeting I used the Mingle all the Way stamp set (will be sad this set is going away next week but it's on sale now so make sure you have it for your crafting toolbox for future projects!)  It was stamped in Memento Ink and then I colored in the drink with Real Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers.  I used Olive Olive for the mat and attached it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  I added a piece of Real Red 3/8" Satin Woven Ribbon.  For extra fun I decided to add a shaker element to the card since I had some White and Black stars that were punched out with the Confetti Star Border Punch (from another project).  I used the Shaker Frames, Window Sheets, Silver Foil cardstock, along with the 1" Circle Punch and 3/4" Circle Punch to create the element (so fun in person!).

I have to admit, this card is a little over the top but since I had time I couldn't stop fussing and adding fun things to the card, it's fun to just play and tinker.  Make sure to check out the other design team cards for additional inspiration and hope you get a little crafting in over the holiday!

Below are easy ordering links to the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a wonderful and a great start to 2015!

Diana
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This card is so much fun!! Love the olives!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! Not only are the punch art olives too cute, but you did a shaker which is my favorite thing right now! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word what a perfect New Years card! LOVE your 'olives'! What hoot! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect card for the new year holiday! I love this! Super creative and fun! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow, I love your creative card!! The olives are tooo cute and then the shaker is just the cherry on top! Fabulous interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a FUN card! I just love the olives you created! Happy New Year! XX

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog