Friday, December 19, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Many Merry Stars Inspired

Good morning and Happy Friday!  Can you believe it's the last Friday before Christmas?  Today's also the last day of school here and Aidan's so excited to have two weeks off.  This morning I'm here sharing the card I made for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge. This sketch is so basic and easy (perfect for this time of year).  I'm still working on finishing up m last few Christmas cards and projects (there are so many ideas in my head and on my To Do list will I ever finish?)  so I'm looking for quick projects and if I can use up some of the little pieces I have sitting on my desk even better.  I got the Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit and made all the stars for a beautiful display with lights and greenery on my plant ledge.  Of course the kit had some extra pieces so I decided to use them for my card.

I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then stamped the star outline in the center using the Many Merry Stars stamp set.  I used my Big Shot, Gold Glimmer Paper, and the Star Collection Framelits to cut the glimmer star out for inside the stamped star.  Next I used two of the small newspaper print stars also from the kit.  The greeting is from the Watercolor Winter Too stamp set and was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock.  The wooden snowflake embellishment and Gold Baker's Twine are also from the Many Merry Stars kit (they are so cute but very fragile!!)

This card turned out nice and pretty, with just the right amount of bling.  You should make sure to take a few minutes to check out the other design team card and then come play along, this sketch will be perfect for any project your working on this weekend and can help you knock those items off your To Do list.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy and stay turned I have another card to share with you today!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog