Friday, December 26, 2014

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: Get Your Santa On Christmas Thank You

Happy Friday!  I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas, ours was nice and quiet and relaxing which was perfect.  It's always great to see all the join the Christmas season brings to each of us.  Now that the frenzy is over it's time for the clean up to begin and we get to continue to have fun, we don't head back to work until next year.  Of course I had to make one more Christmas card for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge  but since the holiday is over I decided to use this for one of my Christmas thank you cards (I'm going to need a lot of these to thank people for all the lovely gifts we've received).  I designed this weeks sketch and wanted to provide something that was open to lots of possibilities for fun.

I started with Sahara Sand cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  The greeting is from the Sassy Salutations stamp set and was stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.  I also used the Paper Piercing Tool and the Essentials Paper Piercing pack to  punch the accent element in the top right corner.  The flags of patterned paper are from the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stack and cut with flag tails.

For the main stamped image I used the Get Your Santa On stamp set and stamped it in Memento Ink before coloring it in with Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities markers and the Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker.  After coloring in the Santa suit I cut the piece out with the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits.  The mat was cut out of Garden Green cardstock and cut using the Window Collection Framelits and then embossed it with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folderDimensionals were used to help pop the stamped image off the cardfront and I added a small bow made with some Silver 1/8" Ribbon.

The card turned out so fun, it's really helping me embrace every last minute of this holiday season, I don't want it to end.  Make sure to check out he cards the other design team members are sharing and then come play along with the extra time you have this weekend.


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog