Friday, December 19, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Christmas Cards: Lots of Thanks

Good morning, I'm back.  Sometimes you can always use a little extra creative inspiration so today over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog we're sharing some ideas for Christmas thank you's.  I'm a big believer in the importance of hand written thank you's and have been teaching Aidan about them so this time of year I need lots of cards.  Just like my post earlier this morning I'm working on using up some of the extra kit pieces I have on my desk before the holidays are over so this card was super fast to pull together.  I started with Cherry Cobbler for the cardbase and then added a layer of Garden Green Cardstock.  The Whisper White piece that is woodgrain embossed is from the Watercolor Winter Simply Created kit (there are lots of fabulous pieces in this kit for lots of fun).
 
All the stars are elements from the Many Merry Stars Simply Created kit, the large newsprint one, Crumb Cake printed one as well as all the small Cherry Cobbler and Gold Glimmer Stars (can you have too many stars or glimmer?)  I also used the Gold Baker's Twine from the Many Merry Stars Kit to make the bow.  The greeting is from the Lots of Thanks stamp set and I stamped it with Versamark ink on Basic Black cardstock before embossing it with the Heat Tool and Cherry Cobbler Heat Embossing Powder.  I punched the greeting out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and attached with a dimensional for extra texture.
 
I love it when I can make a quick and easy card that still has a lot of details for the eye and look like you spent a lot of time on it, and being able to use some of those scrap pieces up is an added bonus.  I think I'm going to try to use up all the rest of these little kit pieces now so they don't take up space in my studio and get forgotten about.  Don't forgot to thank all the special people in your life who did something special for you and your family this holiday season and make them a personal thank you that will really let them know how much you appreciate their thoughtfulness!
 
Just a reminder, the Watercolor Winter Simply Created kit is currently on sale as part of the End of Year Closeout so make sure to order your kit for lots of crafting fun before it sells out (there are lots of great holiday projects on sale that are perfect!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog