Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Fab Friday Color Challenge: Watercolor Winter Inspired Holiday Greetings


It’s the midpoint of the week, these days are really flying!  Aidan only has a couple more days of school before winter break and we can hardly contain him and the excitement, it’s great to see the joy of the holidays through the eyes of a child (magical!).  Today I decided to play along with the Fab Friday color sketch.  The colors are based on the Watercolor Winter Simply Card Kit and these are great colors but I wouldn’t normally think to combine them all together at once.  I happen to have a few leftover pieces from the card kit so I decided to use them in this card (nothing goes to waste).  I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Old Olive cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and On Point Embossing Folder.  Next I wrapped a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine around the Old Olive cardstock and tied a bow.

The Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay cardstock pieces are from the card kit, as is the sled (I love this element!!!) and the glitter “happy”.  To finish the holiday greeting I used the Watercolor Winter Too Photopoloymer Stamp Set and stamped it with Cherry Cobbler ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with Paper Snips before attaching to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This card is so fun and I’m glad I decided to play along with this color challenge.  These challenges are great as they get you to step out of your comfort zone and try new things.  If you’re looking for inspiration on your next project try using a layout sketch or color sketch and see where it takes you.  The Watercolor Winter Simply Created Card Kit is part of the Year End Closeout sale and is discounted so if you don’t want to miss out on it, you get product to make 20 cards plus extra elements that you can play with (it’s only available while supplies last so don’t wait!)

Below are the easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 

I hope you have a great day and enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Well designed card using bits and pieces! This card kit was so versatile from all the different designs I've seen! That glittery "happy" really draws the eye to that sweet sled! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog