Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Player's Tic-Tac Toe Challenge: Many Merry Stars

 Good morning!  I'm having a lot of fun this week now that I can strickly focus on getting ready for Christmas and all the projects I want to get done. Plus the decorations and lights are going up which always makes me happy (I love running early in the morning when it's still dark and being able to enjoy the peace and quiet and Christmas lights).  Today I'm sharing a fun card I made for this weeks Paper Player's Tic-Tac-Toe challenge. These challenges are fun since you pick the direction of your card so there are lots of submissions for inspiration.  I decided to use Star, Die Cut, and Glitter (with a little White and Embossing also thrown in there.

The cardbase is Crumb Cake and then I added layers of Coastal Cabana and Basic Black behind the Whisper White stamped layer.  For the stamped layer I stamped the large polka dot star frame from the Many Merry Stars stamp set first in Coastal Cabana as the frame for my cut out piece and then stamped different size stars in Crumb Cake and Coastal Cabana ink.  For the large star first I stamped a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Hardwood stamp, then embossed it with the Star Embossing Folder and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Star Collection Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.  I also added some small stars cut out of Champagne Shimmer Paper using the Itty Bitty Accent Punch Pack for a little bling.

For the greeting I stamped it on Coastal Cabana cardstock with Momento Ink.  Since the greeting was already curved I just used my Paper Snips to trim around it and add flag tails before attaching it with dimensionals.

I love how soft this card turned out, it reminds me of Christmas falling snow and how peaceful it is. Since this stamp set is Photopolymer it really makes perfect alignment a breeze which I love!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Enjoy and have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Diana! Love the colors, and how your big star looks like it's shooting across the card. I just got this stamp set so I am grateful for the inspiration. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog