Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: That Thing You Did

Good morning!  It's looking like we may actually get a break from the rain with some sun (yeah!!) so I decided to channel those bright and cheery vibes for my card for this weeks Fab Friday sketch challenge.  I'm using another great retiring stamp set, That Thing You Did, for this fun card using a greeting a friend pointed out to me.  Don't you aways need a card that says "But not in a creepy way??"  Haha!!

I started with Mint Macaron cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock.  In the bottom right corner using Basic Black ink I stamped the fun saying and I also use a stamp from a new set coming next month, Painter's Palette for the splatter of Mint Macaron (if you want to make this card right away you could also use Gorgeous Grunge.

I added two pieces of designer series paper from the It's My Party Designer Series Paper Stack (retiring).  The main image is also from the That Thing You Did (retiring) stamp set and was stamped on Melon Mambo cardstock and Basic Black ink before being cut out with the Big Shot and Circles Collection Framelits (retiring) and then attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a black button  from the Neutrals Designer Series Buttons (retiring) and I used the Baker's Twine Combo Pack (retiring) to tie the bow in the button.



Between the bright cheery colors and the fun greeting this card really makes me giggle. This designer series paper stack is one of my all time favorites and I love that there are so many different patterns and colors I'm sad that it's retiring but am happy I still have some for my stash for future projects (I completely admit that I love to collect DSP so I can continue to use it.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we ALL need "not in a creepy way" cards, lol! Love your paper choices here, and that black button pulls it all together! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute and I laughed out loud at the "not in a creep way" part too! Like really I'm not a stalker! =) Perfect thinking about you card but not thinking too hard! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, yes, I did giggle and then thought 'this is cute as a button!' and giggled again. Now to get serious, this is a great card. I love the patterns and the pop of boldness with the sentiment. We're so glad you played along at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana - I just adore this sentiment. Such a beautiful card with a funny sentiment. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog