Friday, May 6, 2016

SSINKspiration Mother's Day: Timeless Textures

Happy Friday!  After an eventful week I'm definitely looking forward to a quiet weekend, the guys are doing camping so I'm a single gal and the guys will get home Sunday morning, just in time for Mother's Day.  Speaking of Mother's Day today over on the SSINKspiration blog we're sharing some ideas for Mother's Day, just in case you're not quite ready.  This past weekend I hosted a kid's class where they got to make Mother's Day and Father's Day cards and this was one of the ideas I created for the class but it was fun to see how the kid's all put their own spin on their cards!


I started with Hello Honey cardstock for the cardbase and then added Mossy Meadow cardstock behind the Whisper White cardfront.  On the cardfront we started by stamping using the Timeless Textures stamp set, using Basic Black for the grid image and Hello Honey for the filigree image (stamped off once for a lighter color).  The greeting is from a retired stamp set, Something to Celebrate, but I was a little short on Mother's Day stamps that worked.  Next I took a piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper and matted it with Cajun Craze cardstock.

I used the Botanical Builders Framelits and the Big Shot to cut out all the flowers, using Hello Honey, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, and Basic Black cardstock.  To add a little bling I used an Iced Rhinestone in the center of the largest flower and then a small rhinestone in the center of each of the Cajun Craze little flowers (you know my love of bling!!).  The final touch was to take a piece of Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim and tied a knot and attached it to the cardfront with a glue dot.

I love these flowers since you're really able to fold up the petals so the flowers have a lot of texture and dimension.  I precut all the pieces, even all the flowers for the kids to make it easy for them and wow them moms.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog