Monday, May 2, 2016

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC33: Background Stamps Take Center Stage

Good morning!  May has arrived and this is going to be a crazy month full of kiddo activities (I guess that's pretty much our norm at this point).  With the start of a new month it's time for a new color sketch over n the SSINKspiration blog.  Since the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog is coming to an end I decided to use several items that are retiring so we can enjoy them while we can and make sure you remember to order those items you still want before it's too late.




I started with Island Indigo cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock before my Whisper White card front.  On the front I used the Timeless Textures stamp set (so happy this set is carrying over to the new catalog) and Always Artichoke ink.  I used the Gold Wink of Stella Pen to outline one of the floral images for a little fun.  Next I took a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock and stamped the triangle border image from the Dotty Angles stamp set (retiring).  I layered a piece of 7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon (retiring) with some Island Indigo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon (retiring) and ruffled it using some Fast Fuse Adhesive and then added staples from the Mini Handheld Stapler.  For the greeting I used one of Expression Natural Elements (retiring) and colored it using the Gold Wink of Stella Pen and then attached it to the cardfront with a Fine Tip Glue Pen.

This was definitely not a color combination that I would have thought up so it was interesting to see how they work together for a fun result.  I like the addition of gold elements for a fun twist.  The other designers are sharing some great ideas so go check them out and then come play along with the challenge and share what you come up with!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog