Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Paper Craft Crew Sketch Challenge: That Thing You Did

Good morning!  I've been working on pulling out all the items on the retiring list and realizing how many great stamps are going away so I'm determined to use them all month long and enjoy (but don't worry the new catalog has some fabulous items coming that I can't wait to get my hands on and know that you will too).  Today I decided to play along with the Paper Craft Crew sketch challenge and make this fun and cheery birthday card.  This sketch right up my alley and the style I've been leaning toward lately but decided to switch up the layout of the card.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then layered Melon Mambo under the Whisper White cardfront.  I started building the cardfront by stamping with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in Basic Black and Melon Mambo ink.  Next I took a piece Shine On Speciality Designer Series Paper (retiring).  I also punched a piece of It's My Party Designer Series Paper (retiring, it's a got to have paper!) using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and layered that with a piece of Basic Black that was cut with the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits (retiring).

For the greeting I used the That Thing You Did stamp set (retiring and so sad) and stamped it in Melon Mambo ink on Whisper White cardstock and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits (retiring).  I stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the same stamp set using Basic Black ink and then cut it out with the Big Shot and Project Life Cards and Tags Framelits and then sponged around the edge with Melon Mambo ink.  Dimensionals were used on this piece as well.

Of course the card needed a little touches to punch up the WOW element so I tied a know using Crumb Cake 3/8" Glue Dot and then added a few silver sequins from the Metallics Sequin using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.

This card is so fun, and perfect for friends with a "cheeky" personality.  I've decided that this will be one of the cards for this month's Just Cards class so make sure to be there and you can make this card yourself!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diana, LOVE the fun and bright colors on the card. Totally awesome how you rotated the sketch and rocked it with the details. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew. ~Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you turned the sketch sideways, Diana. I do like the 'cheeky' cards - we all need a laugh now and again! The metallic sequins and Melon Mambo are the perfect brightness for a happy occasion card. Thanks for joining us for this Paper Craft Crew challenge. ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot which team I was commenting for, lol. Diana, this is wonderful. I love your take on our sketch this week. The landscape version really suits. Thanks so much for joining us a the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

      Delete
  4. I love how you added that pop of bright pink on this card. It's beautiful! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog