Monday, March 28, 2016

SSINKspiration Mystery Challenge #SSINKMC31: Perfect Pairings

Good morning and happy Monday!  We had a great weekend that started out busy and ended nice and relaxing.  The guys helped get my birthday week festivities started by taking me shopping and to dinner on Friday since our weekend was full.  I had birthday's on my mind when I started working on today's card for the SSINKspiration blog for the mystery challenge.  I have to admit this challenge really stumped me but I was able to used items 2, 3, 4, and 5 to create this simple looking one layer card that used lots of different stamps to build the look of texture.

My card is made using Whisper White Thick cardstock (this is really great for cardbases).  I Decided to use blues for my color scheme and started by stamped the splatter using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and Bermuda Bay ink but stamped off twice before stamping so it was lighter.  Next I used the Timeless Textures stamp set and stamped the floral image several times using Bermuda Bay (stamped off once) and Pool Party ink (stamped off once).  I also stamped the grid stamp from the same stamp set using Pool Party ink (at full strength). 

The greeting is from the Perfect Pairings stamp set (remember this is a Sale-a-bration FREEBIE and is only available through the end of the month so if you don't already have this set place your order soon.  I embossed it using Versamark ink and Pool Party Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.  Next I took a sponge dauber and rubbed around the greeting using Bermuda Bay ink for emboss resist.  Since I only have one layer of cardstock I decided to add an embellishment so I took a Bermuda Bay button from the Brights Designer Buttons package and tied a bow using three strands of baker's twine, both Whisper White and Bermuda Bay baker's twine).

It was fun to see how many different shades of blue I could add to this card to help add dimension since I couldn't add paper layers.  The other designers are sharing their own takes on this challenge so go check them out and we would love for you to play along with us.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy your day!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog