Monday, March 21, 2016

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge: Tin of Cards Birthday Greetings

Good morning!  Another fun-filled weekend and a great way to start spring break.  Even though we're staying home we're looking forward to a little break from the crazy busy spring activity schedule.    I have several friends with March birthdays so I decided t use this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge as the inspiration for this card for a friend.

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the cardfront and started my stamped the grid image from the Timeless Textures stamp set in Pear Pizzaz ink.  Next I took a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and cut a circle out using the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits, embossed it with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and then sponged all over it with Crumb Cake ink to highlight the embossing.

Next I used the Fun Frames Embossing Folder and after embossing the So Saffron cardstock I used Paper Snips to cut out the frame.  The greeting is from the Tin of Cards stamp set and I stamped with Calypso Coral ink on Whisper White Ink before attaching it the frame.  The final touch for this piece was to add a rhinestone for bling.

Next I used the Botanical Builder Framelits and cut out several flower and leaf pieces to build up the flower and added a Subtle Candy Dot to the center (these framelits are so fun love how you can make the flower have lots of height and dimension.  I had a little piece of Natural 5/8" Chevron Ribbon on my desk so I added it to the cardfront using the Mini Stapler to ruffle up the ribbon.

I haven't used these colors together recently but they really work and help me think of springtime weather (which helps since we decided to get a little snow this weeks, crazy, I know!!) and know it will brighten up my friends day when it's opened.


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy!

Diana

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love the layout of this card Diana!!! I may have to CASE it soon. I love the framed sentiment and flower. Thanks for playing along at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Diana!

    You have been selected as a Hand Stamped Sentiments Artist Pick for your design in our Color Challenge! You have earned the HSS Artist Pick Badge to display on your blog.

    Please contact me for the html for your badge of grab it from our blog site post.

    Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week!

    Come play again!
    HSS Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog