Friday, March 18, 2016

SSINKspiration Punches: Washi Christmas Greetings

Happy Friday!  The crazy busy spring schedule arrived this week in full force and I’m sure you’re all feeling it with your families as well.  Today on the SSINKspiration blog we’re focusing on punches, which I love!  They can really help you elevate a card with very little effort.  At my monthly card class I always offer a Christmas card option so the ladies can gradually work on their Christmas cards all year long so it’s not as stressful (so awesome!) and for this months class we made this super fun and easy card that uses the Washi Label Punch and Merry Moments Designer Series Paper for a fun result.   

I started with Old Olive cardstock for the cardbase and then took a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardfront and stamped all over it using images from the Timeless Textures stamp set (really hope this stamp set carries over, it’s got some great images!)  Next I took a piece of Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine and wrapped it around the cardfront a couple of times and then tied a bow. 

I used the Washi Label Punch and punched out four different patterns from the Merry Moments Designer Series Paper and attached them to the cardfront.  The greeting is from the Oh, What Fun stamp set (a carryover from the Holiday catalog) and stamped the greeting in Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White cardstock, punched it out with the Washi Label Punch and then sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  The final touch was to attach the greeting so I added it with dimensionals so it pops up off the card.

This card is super easy so you could easily make it in multiples and the great thing about this card layout is that it’s perfect for helping to use of some of those scraps of paper you refuse to throw away (I know I’ll be making more of these up to replenish my birthday card stock)! 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Have a great weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog