Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Fab Friday Color Sketch FabFri82: Easter Suite Sayings

Good morning!  Boy I must say we're having some roller coaster weather this week but yesterday afternoon was beautiful, I could definitely get used to that.  With the coming of spring it definitely has me thinking about Easter so I decided to make one of my first Easter cards of the year using this weeks Fab Friday color challenge for inspiration.

I started with Mint Macaroon cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped a couple of the images from the Timeless Textures stamp set using Basic Black and Blushing Bride ink.  Next I added a piece of Mint Macaroon designer series paper from the 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack and matted it with Blushing Bride cardstock.

Being an Easter baby (I was actually born on Easter Sunday) I love this holiday so I decided to make an Easter Egg by cutting out an oval of Whisper White cardstock using the Big Shot and Oval Collection Framelits and then used the brush stroke image from the Work of Art stamp set to create the different colored stripes.  The greeting is from the Suite Sayings stamp set (this new set has some great greetings and fonts, love it) and stamped using Basic Black ink on Pool Party cardstock and then cut it out using the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits and then attached the greeting with dimensionals (behind the greeting is some silver metallic thread that I just made some loops of attached to the back of the greeting so it peaks out.

The final touch was to add a bow and I struggled to find just the right thing, and then I saw the Baker's Twine Combo Pack sitting on my desk and I decided to  separate the black from the Melon Mambo Twine and just use the Basic Black part to tie a bow and attach it to the cardfront with a glue dot, perfect!

I love how the soft subtle colors contrast with the bold black on the card, they really help accent and great a great combo.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:



Enjoy

Diana
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! I really have to make some eggs this way, and I love your inclusion of the thread over the textures! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mix of stamp sets to create this lovely Easter card! I've been loving seeing those big eggs lately! And happy early birthday to you! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card, Diana! I love that you fit this gorgeous sentiment inside a circle - I've only ever pictured it in an oval. I love the layout of this card - great shapes and use of these colors. Thanks for playing along with this FabFriday color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card!! Love your egg, such a great idea!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a neat idea and I love the little accent images peeking out from behind! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog