Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge 83: Botanicals for You

Good morning!  There’s only two days left of Sale-a-bration 2016 and I feel like there are lots of great products during this promotion that I haven’t really gotten to use yet (how is that possible?)  Today I decided to showcase some of my favorite SAB freebies to make sure you don’t miss out on these fun items before they’re gone at the end of the month.  I also decided to use the Fab Friday sketch challenge as the inspiration for the card layout but took some liberties with the sketch by flipping it and adding elements to finish the card.

I started with Lost Lagoon cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock for the cardfront and added a couple of strips of the Metallic Glitter Tape (FREE during Sale-a-bration).  For the lower strip I used the Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Tape and used a sponge and Lost Lagoon to color the glitter tape (love this ability!!)  Then I added a couple of staples over the glitter tape using the Handheld Stapler. 

For the stamped image I used the Botanicals for You stamp set (FREE during Sale-a-bration) and stamped the “just for you” image on Whisper White cardstock using Blackberry Bliss ink.  I matted this with some Botanicals Gardens Designer Series Paper and attached it to the cardfrong with dimensionals.  I used some Mossy Meadow ink to stamp some of the leaf type images on the cardfront to frame the greeting.  I also stamped the small flower on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Lost Lagoon ink and cut it out with Paper Snips and attached it with a little piece of dimensional.  After it was attached to the card I curled the petals up and added a small rhinestone to the center. 

I wanted to add more to the greeting but only wanted to use part of the word stamp (just wanted “awesome”) so I used my Tangelo Twist Stampin’ Write Marker to color just the word I needed and stamped it on Hello Honey cardstock.  The greeting was punched out with the Washi Label Punch (I punched it twice and used a scrap in order to make the punched piece just fit the word).  Dimensionals were used to attach the tag to the cardfront as the final piece.

I love how the Botanicals for You SAB items (stamp set and vellum) were designed to coordinate with the DSP, flower stamp set and framelits for fabulous looking projects without the guess work.  I’m also glad that even though SAB is nearly over I’ll have these items to use on future projects for fun.  I hope you have all the SAB items you’ve had on your wish list for future use, if not, run don’t walk and get your order in ASAP so you don’t miss out!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:


Enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty! Love your big purple sentiment! I haven't tried coloring that washi yet - you make me want to try right away, lol! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job using so many of the SAB products on one card! I wish they were all around longer too as I feel I didn't do many of them justice! The DSP mat brings just the right amount of pattern to your design. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog