Thursday, July 9, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop: Anything Goes!!


 
Good morning!  It’s the second Thursday of the month, which means it’s time for another blog hop with the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration designers.  July is full of family, vacations, fun, holidays, and so much more that we decided that for this months hop, anything goes so we’re all playing around with our own favorites!  I’m hard at work getting ready for convention which is in a couple of weeks which means lots of swaps so I have lots of goodies from the new catalog out in the studio (it really looks like a tornado came through but the best creativity is messy, right?  One of the stamp sets I’ve been having lots of fun with recently is That Thing You Did so I decided to use it for this months hop card. As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number 1 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Jenny at Jenny G Paper Crafts. If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.

I started with Island Indigo for the cardbase and then added a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Brick Wall Embossing Folder (I love this new embossing folder), I also sponged all over the cardstock with Crumb Cake ink which really adds a lot of texture and dimension to the brick look.  Next I added a flag using the Soft Suede DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (used the Triple Banner Punch to cut the tails).  The next layer of flag was made using Crumb Cake cardstock and was embossed with the Big Shot and Decorative Dots Embossing Folder (sponged this layer also with Crumb Cake ink).
For the greeting I used the That Thing You Did stamp set and stamped on Basic Black ink using Versamark Ink and then Heat Embossed it with the Heat Tool and White Embossing Powder.  To help give it that chalkboard look I used a sponge dauber to add some Whisper White Craft Ink all over the cardstock.  After attaching all the flags to the cardfront I punched a couple of holes using the ¼” Handheld Punch at the top so I could thread a piece of ¼” Island Indigo Cotton Ribbon through the holes for the fun bow at the top.
The mix of regal and neutral colors work great for masculine cards, but would be good for anyone, and this stamp set with the brick wall and chalkboard make me think of school time fun (yes I was one of those kids who enjoyed going to school and looked forward to it).  I did make a another card using this stamp set and several elements so you’ll get to see another take using the same products.
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Make sure to check out the rest of the blog hop for lots of other great ideas.  If you click the “Next” button, you’ll go to Leanne’s site but you can also access any of the hopper’s site from the full blog list below.

http://literallymyjoy.blogspot.com/2015/07/ssink-blog-hop.html


Blog Hop Participant List:
  1. Jenny at Jenny G Paper Crafts
  2. Diana at Stampin Fun with Diana
  3. Leanne at Literally My Joy
  4. Kim at Stamping with Kim
  5. Darcy at Dj's Stampin Place
  6. Tobe at The Craft Sea
  7. Melissa at Stamp Doc
  8. Donna at Organized Chaos
  9. Bree at Craft-Somnia Momma
  10. Jennifer at Happy 2 Scrap 4 Life

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. I just got that stamp set. You did a great job with it! I love the bold color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color combo is awesome! And I love that stamp...I need that set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ! Yes!! And YES!! I love everything about this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card. It really show cases The Brick TIEF. TFS. Have fun at convention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the brick wall embossing folder. Thanks for the great ink to paper tip to give it more dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I just Love, Love, Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog