Thursday, July 23, 2015

GoDivas Convention Swap: That Thing You Did

Good afternoon!  It’s been a whirlwind of a first day and it’s only just starting we have lots of classes this afternoon and the we have the awards program and big 1920’s afterparty tonight (I can’t wait but I’m going to have to make it an early night tonight since some of us are getting up early, early, early tomorrow to go run the Deseret Classic Half Marathon which is part of Utah’s Pioneer Day festivities (yeah I know I’m crazy, but love every minute of it!)  So as you may know one of the big activities during any gathering of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators is swapping.  Basically you make a lot of the one card design and so does everyone else and then you “swap” so you get lots of new ideas from other demonstrators.  It’s super fun!  So this afternoon I had a group swap with a new swap group I joined the GoDivas, let me tell you these ladies rock!!! And I’m so honored to be part of the group.  So this is the card I made for this swap and I hope the ladies love it.

I started with Soft Suede cardstock for the cardbase and then layered a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that was stamped all over with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  Next I took a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock and embossed it with the Big Shot and the Brickwall Embossing Folder (I also sponged all over the embossing with Crumb Cake ink for a more distressed look).  Next I took a piece of Basic Black Cardstock and heat embossed the greeting from the That Thing You Did stamp set using Versamark ink, White Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool.  After that was done I took a sponge dauber and some Whisper White Craft Ink and rubbed it on the cardstock for a chalkboard effect.  This piece was then matted with Soft Suede cardstock.

For some texture I ruffled up a piece of Chevron 5/8” Natural Ribbon and attached it to the cardfront with the Handheld stapler.  The final touch was to add a small star using the Gold Foil Paper and the Big Shot and the Circle Card Thinlit die and attached it to the card with a dimensional.

I absolutely love this new stamp set, so much so that I have to warn you now I used it on several other swap cards so you’ll get lots of ideas using the same set (trust me you will have to have this when I’m done sharing!!!) 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy Stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog