Sunday, July 12, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #78

Happy Sunday!  After my world wind trip to Seattle this weekend I’m so happy to be waking up this morning at home.  I’m so excited Aidan has this opportunity to spend time with his grandparents and look forward to hearing about all their adventures.  Today it’s time for another edition of the Can You Case It? weekly challenge and this week we have a color challenge we’re we were provided two colors (black and white) and we got to pick the third color.  When I started working on this card I had a piece of the Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper sitting out on my desk so I decided to use it for this card and it was Bermuda Bay.

 I started with a piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock for the cardbase (this is a new product in this catalog and I love how thick it is, perfect for cardbases!)  Next I added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Zig Zag Embossing Folder.  For the main stamped image I used the Giggle Greetings stamp set and stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White ink before coloring it in with a blender pen and Bermuda Bay ink (trust me if I had a hairball I would be a little green in the face, hence the blue cat, haha!)

I decided to add several embellishments to kick the WOW factor up on this card, including Whisper White Satin Ribbon, a Basic Black Button from the Neutrals Button Assortment with a bow tied in the center with some Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine.

This stamp set has some great images and funny greetings which just make me smile.  We all have friends with that odd sense of humor that would totally get this card.  The other design team members are sharing some wonderful cards for inspiration so please, go check them out and then play along and share what you create so we can all enjoy.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Have a wonderful Sunday!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog