Sunday, July 19, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #79

Happy Sunday!  This will sound a little selfish but we have been enjoying our relaxing, kidless week (we miss the kiddo but it’s a little fun to have a break, just being honest!)  Today I’m meeting a friend for manis/pedis and I’m really looking forward to this, plus I’m hoping to finish getting ready for convention since I leave on Tuesday.  For this weeks Can You Case It? Sketch challenge since several of the designers are getting ready for convention we were given a play day and we could create anything we wanted.  I’ve been making a lot of birthday cards so I wanted to break out and do something different and I was so excited when the Groovy Love stamp set was in the new catalog so I decided to give it a little love. 

I started with Rich Razzleberry cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White that I sponged with the Hearts and Stars Decorative Mask (these are such a great tool, and very inexpensive!!)  The greeting is from the Lovely Amazing You stamp set (this stamp set was the last one released as part of the original monthly Photopolymer Stamp set program which means it may only be available for 6 months after it’s release so if you want this set in your stamping toolbox make sure to order soon!) and was stamped in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink (I will admit it depends on the day if this saying is true, don’t you agree???,  Haha!!)  Next I added a piece of Gold Designer Series Paper (from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (this is a new addition this year and it’s great!!) and matted it with Basic Black before attaching it to the cardfront.  I used the ½” Circle Punch to punch little notches on the sides so I could wrap some Basic Black Baker’s Twine around the DSP layers and then tie a bow.

For the main stamped image I used the Groovy Love stamp set and stamped the heart outline in black ink on Rich Razzleberry cardstock before cutting it out with the 2” Circle Punch.  Next I stamped the dotted heart in Versamark Ink on Basic Black cardstock and then heat embossed it with the Heat Tool and Gold Embossing Powder and then punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch and attached both layers with dimensionals so it really pops up.

It was fun to change things up and add lot of “luxury” to this card with the gold, embossing, and sponging, this could be a great anniversary card or just letting someone know you’re thinking of them, it’s fun to surprise people with card, just because.  The other designers have come up with some great cards to inspire you so please, go check them out and then share your card so we can see all the fun!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                               
Have a great Sunday and I hope you enjoyed today’s card!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog