Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Stake Your Claim

Good morning!  I arrived safely last night in Salt Lake City and are looking forward to relaxing this morning and then some pre-convention fun today, including heading to the Stampin’ Up! Home Office for a tour, which is always a lot of fun.  With everything I had to do to get thread to leave I realize I haven’t shared any projects with you but I promise I will make up for it the rest of week.  Today I decided to play along with the sketch challenge over on the Fab Fridayblog (this is always a fun sketch group) and used the card for another birthday card I needed.  This was a nice, simple layout which is great for letting the embellishments really shine. 

I started with Crumb Cake cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pacific Point cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Lovely Lace Embossing Folder. Next I took a piece of DSP from the Pretty Petals Designer Series Pack and matted with Basic Black cardstock.  I used two different patterns of the DSP and the flower punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack to make the little flowers and after folding up the petals for more dimension added a small pearl to the center of each flower.

For the greeting I used the Stake Your Claim stamp set (this little greetings on the stake tags are so cut and after stamping it with Old Olive ink on Crumb Cake cardstock I cut it out with the Big Shot and the Handpicked Framelits.  I tucked the stake of the greeting behind my DSP square and used a dimensional top up the top of the greeting.  For a little added texture I added a piece of Crumb Cake 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon (this is one of my favorite types of ribbon we have in the catalog and was so excited to see it offered in more of our traditional color family colors this year) ruffled up along the bottom of the DSP.

With the flowers and the garden stake this is a perfect card for a summer birthday and I know my friend will really enjoy it.

 


Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


                                                             
Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog