Friday, July 10, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday: Remember your Birthday Washi Wishes

Good morning!  It’s another Friday and today is going to be crazy.  After work Aidan and I are flying out to Seattle so he can spend a couple of weeks with his Grandparents (he looks forward to this every year) then I’m flying back Saturday morning so let’s just say me and the airplane seat are going to become good friends for several hours (thankfully I have lots of projects planned to help keep me occupied).  For this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge Kim gave us a unique layout that’s great for using Washi tape (or scraps of DSP) and I decided to use this sketch as inspiration for a birthday I have coming up.


 







 

 
 
 
I started with Mint Macaron cardstock  for the cardbase and then added a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the greeting from the Remembering Your Birthday stamp set using Calypso Coral ink .  Next I took several pieces of the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack that were cut at varying lengths and used Paper Snips to trim the edges of the DSP in different patterns to mimic tears on washi tape.  I added three flowers that I punched out use the flower from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (using Mint Macaron and Calypso Coral cardstock) attached them to the cardfront and bent the petals up for dimension.  I added pearls to the center of each flower and then used my Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker to draw lines down from the flowers to mimic stems.  The final touch was to add a bow I tied with a couple pieces of Basic Black Baker’s Twine.

I was worried about this card when I first saw the sketch but using the different DSP patterns was a lot of fun and made this card come together in a flash (perfect for those last minute needs!!)

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable weekend and wish me luck with our travel adventures!
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog