Monday, July 27, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Masculine Monday: The Open Sea

Good morning and Happy Monday!  After a wonderfully fun week it's definitely nice to be home.  I'm still on a convention high and have so many great ideas I can't wait to share, but today it's Masculine Monday on the  Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  The decided to use The Open Sea stamp set, a classic.

I started with Crumb Cake for the cardbase and then added a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and the Zig Zag Embossing Folder.  Next I added a piece of Early Espresso DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Package (and sponged all over with Crumb Cake ink so the white stripes weren't so bright and would add match the Very Vanilla piece I'm using).

I stamped two circles for this card, the first using Very Vanilla cardstock and using the globe image that was stamped in Soft Suede ink, punched out with the 2" Circle Punch and then sponged around the edge with Crumb Cake ink.  I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to stamp the greeting in Mossy Meadow ink.  The second circle uses the journal stamp image and was stamped with Dijon Delight Ink on Dijon Delight cardstock before cutting it out with the Big Shot and the Circle Collection Framelits.  I used Cajun Craze ink to sponge around the edge of this circle.

For some fun accents I started with a little piece of the 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon, trimmed off both edges and frayed it.  I stamped the anchor image using the Dijon Delight ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut it out with Paper Snips.  The final touch is  little bow using some Early Espresso Baker's Twine.

All the different elements play well with each other to make a great "dude" card.  I did realize it's funny that I made a nautical themed card but didn't use any blues in the it, but that's OK, it's all fun, right?  The other design team members are sharing some fun cards so please, go check them out and see what inspires you for your next guy card!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Happy stamping,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog