Sunday, July 5, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #77

Good morning!  Hope you had an enjoyable 4th of July.  We had a nice and relaxing day with the family and it was raining and cool compared to most years so it was really enjoyable when the rain cleared.  We don't have a lot planned for today and I'm hoping to get some time in the studio to start working on convention swaps.  This morning it's time for the Can You Case It? sketch challenge and Carolyn gave us this great classic sketch (maybe I'll use this as inspiration for one of my swaps, haha!!)

I started with Calypso Coral cardstock for the cardbase and then added a piece of Pacific Point cardstock.  I added three different patterns from the Pretty Petals Designers Series Paper Stack (the mix of graphic prints and soft feminine prints is a lot of fun!)  I also wrapped a piece of Gold Baker's Twine around the whole cardfront once I attached the DSP panels.

For the greeting I used the Something to Say stamp set and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Very Vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the small butterfly from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in Calypso Coral ink (stamped off first so the butterfly was softer).  I cut out the greeting and the Old Olive mat using the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I love the different colors used in this DSP, it's not something I would have thought of but it does work, go figure?  This is also a great way to show off lots of different DSP prints for a quick card, which we all need at times.





Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Diana, another gorgeous card!!! Thanks for being part of Can You Case It? :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Diana! I love how you added the butterflies to the greeting piece. Great touch!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog