Monday, June 22, 2015

SSINK Masculine Monday: Boys will be Boys

Good morning!  Did enjoy celebrating all the fabulous Father's in your life yesterday?  We had a great time, which included relaxing which is always a hit for my hubby.  Today we're extending the appreciation for guys since it's Masculine Monday over on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration blog.  Since I've been making lots of cards recently for the older guys in our lives I thought it was time for a card for the younger guys, which is always fun.

For today's card I started with Daffodil Delight for the cardbase and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock that was stamped with the new, Writing Notes background stamp (I had inked it so I could recreate how notebook paper is colored.   The greeting is from the Boys will be Boys stamp set and was stamped in Cucumber Crush ink.

For the main stamped image I stamped the Legos from the Boys will be Boys stamp set in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink and was colored in with Stampin' Write Markers.  Then I cut out the image using the Big Shot and Circle Collection Framelits and made a mat using the 2" Circle Punch and some Daffodil Delight cardstock.  To add a little punch of color I added two flags, using the new Banner Triple Punch, one using the Brights Designer Series Paper Stack and a second in Cucumber Crush cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot an Arrows Embossing Folder.

This card is so fun and simple that's just right and I love combination of these stamp sets, won't be the last time I use them.  The designers are also sharing some additional cards for inspiration on masculine cards so go check them out!

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great day!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog