Monday, June 1, 2015

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Color Challenge SSINKCC22: Traveler

 Good morning!  It’s hard to believe it’s already June, oh my!  Not only is there just a few short weeks left of school but in the Stampin’ Up! world tomorrow’s a very exciting day, it’s the last day to order from the Occasions and Retiring Products catalogs (including My Digital Studio), plus the new 2015-2016 Annual Catalog is released (there is actually a one day overlap so you’ll be able to order from all of these tomorrow only and take advantage one last time of the current Hostess Rewards (I’ll be placing my order tomorrow and am hoping I’ll have my 2013 and 2014 family albums finished in MDS so I can have them printed by Stampin’ Up! one last time!)  Anyway, since it’s the first Monday of the month it’s time for another color challenge over on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog and this month it’s a mix of old and new colors which is fun.  To go along with the theme of old and new I decided to mix old and new items for this card as well (one last hurray!!) 

I started with Mint Macaron (new In Color) for the cardbase and then added a piece of Night of Navy cardstock that was embossed with the Big Shot and Fancy Fans Embossing Folder (retiring) and matted that with Cajun Craze cardstock.  I took a piece of Cajun Craze cardstock and cut it out with the Big Shot and Chalk Talk Framelits and then stamped on it using the Dictionary Background stamp (retiring) with the same color ink.  I also added a piece of the new 1” Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim as a fun accent sticking out from the side of the stamped piece.

For the main stamped image I decided to use one of the Personalized Circle Photopolymer stamps (they also retiring, boo!)  It was stamped on Very Vanilla Cardstock with Mink Macaron ink and then punched out with the 1 ¼” Circle Punch.  I created a mat with the 1 3/8” Circle Punch and Cajun Craze cardstock and then the 1 ¾” Scallop Circle Punch and Mint Macaron cardstock for the final layer (I did add little dots in the scallops using my Night of Navy Stampin’ Write Marker.  Dimensionals were used to attach the greeting medallion to the cardfront.

This was a unique color combination but I like the mix and I can’t wait to use all the new In Colors more over the next couple of years.  It was also really fun to play with the personalized stamp I had made, these make great gifts either for addresses, or just personalized greetings, but remember the last day to order these is tomorrow so don’t forget!   The designers are sharing some other great cards so go check them out for further inspiration and come play along.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty team challenge card. Love the added lace trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the color challenge! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog