Friday, June 12, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge and SSINK Product Suite Focus: Bravo

Good morning!  Friday is here and it’s going to be a great weekend (other than the heat and humidity) since it’s time for our 8th Annual Neighborhood BBQ where we have between 80-100 of our friends and neighbors over for a great afternoon (really evening, early morning) time that we look forward to all year.  Of course there’s still a lot to do to get ready but Chris and & are also taking time out tonight for a date and are heading to the movies (without Aidan) so I’m excited.  The weekend is going to be capped off with a card class where we’re going to be making lots of cards for the guys in our lives (today is the last day to RSVP for the class so don’t miss out!!)  Before we get started with all the weekend activities since it’s Friday it’s time for this weeks Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch challenge and I decided to combine this one with the product focus (Cherry on Top Product Suite) over on the Stylin’ Stampin’ INKspiration blog.

I started with Crushed Curry cardstock and then added a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the greeting from the Bravo stamp set using Stampin’ Write Markers to ink up the stamp.  Next I took a piece of Tip Top Toupe and attached three different patterns of the Cherry on Top DSP for the panels.  Before attaching this piece to the cardfront I added a piece of 1 ¼” Bermuda Bay Striped Grosgrain Ribbon for a flag.

For a fun accent I used the Boys will be Boys stamp set (I’ve been working on a lot of boy themed projects lately so all those sets are out on my desk) and stamped the legos in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink on Whisper White cardstock before coloring them in and punching them out with the 2” Circle Punch.  The final touch was to cut a mat using the 2 ½” Circle Punch and Watermelon Wonder cardstock and attaching this piece to the cardfront with dimensionals.

This card is fresh and fun (love the addition of the new colors along with some of our classics) and I’m thinking may be perfect to let a little student I know how proud we are of all his hard work this school year (less than a week to go!!)  The only think I don’t know is if this tips to the more feminine side with the addition of the Watermelon Wonder ink, what do you think?  I like this so much a version of this card will probably be one of our projects for Sunday’s class.  Make sure to check out the other design team members created for inspiration and then play along for some fun this weekend. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
Have an enjoyable weekend and wish me luck!

Diana
Pin It!

1 comment:

Search This Blog