Sunday, June 7, 2015

Can You Case it? Design Team - Sketch Challenge CYCI #73

Happy Sunday!  Don’t you just love nice, relaxing weekends?  They are so rare around here I’m definitely enjoying it while I can. Not only does that mean getting some things done around the house, sleeping in, but also a little stamping (honestly I’m still working on pulling my retired products and getting the new items safely in their new homes so some time is needed straightening up the studio.  Before the day gets started since it’s Sunday it’s time for the weekly Can You Case It? Sketch challenge, this week we have a color challenge which gives you a lot of freedom with layout and defines what colors to use.  I decided to pull out a new stamp set, Friendly Wishes as the focus of today’s card.

I started with Pink Pirouette cardstock for the cardbase and then added a couple of pieces of the new DSP from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack (I have to say, you have to get this paper, the prints are wonderful this year and you can get them in any of the four main color families, as well as the two In Color Collections).  I also wrapped a piece of 1/8” Silver Ribbon around the DSP before attaching the DSP to a piece of Basic Black for a mat.  For an accent piece I took a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock and punched out a circle using the 2 ½” Circle Punch and then embossed it with the Big Shot and the Lovely Lace Embossing Folder.  I also sponged around the edge before attaching it the cardfront and adding a rhinestone to the center of the embossed design. 

The greeting is from the Friendly Wishes Stamp set and after stamping it using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink on Whisper White cardstock I cut it out using the Big Shot and Deco Labels Collection Framelits and then sponged around the edge before attaching it with Dimensionals.

These colors are so soft and I love the little punch of black (always works!!)  The designers are sharing some other great cards so go check them out for further inspiration and come play along, you can use this for any project you need, card, scrapbook page, home décor, etc. 

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 
If you don’t have the new catalog, and don’t already have a demonstrator, please let me know and I can make sure you get one so you can check out all the great new products we have this year (I promise you won’t be disappointed, there is something for everyone!!)

Have an enjoyable Sunday!

Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog