Friday, June 19, 2015

Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge: A World of Father's Day Greetings

Good morning!  School is officially out (whoo hoo) and it’s time for some summer fun, starting with Father’s Day this weekend.  This is perfect timing and it should be a great weekend.  It’s Friday so I have a new Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch Challenge to share and since I’m having a Guys card class tonight I decided to use these sketch for one of our class cards (multitasking is always a wonderful thing!  I had fun mixing up some colors that I don’t usually use together to come up with this elegant card.

I started with Smoky Slate for the cardbase and then added a piece of Basic Black cardstock that I embossed with the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and cut it out with the Oval Collection Framelits and then stamped with the World Map stamp in Cajun Craze ink and sponged all over with Smoky Slate ink.  I created a mat for the oval with a piece of Night of Navy cardstock and the same framelit set.  I used some Gold Foil Sheets, Big Shot, Circle Card Thinlit Die, and the Itty Bitty Star Punch to create some foil stars and attached them with dimensionals.

The greeting is from the Guys Greetings stamp set and was stamped with Basic Black ink on Cajun Craze ink and I used the Ticket Duo Punch to trim the edges before attaching it with dimensionals as well.

This card is nice and simple but has some fun touches to help draw your eye and make you smile.  Plus this card was designed so it could easily be changed to a birthday card, etc. if the class attendees would like to use it for something other than a Father’s Day card. 

 
 
 
 
Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today’s card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Have a great weekend, enjoy!

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog