Monday, January 7, 2013

Lots of Hearts, Fab Friday Sketch Challenge

Good evening friends!  We had a very relaxing weekend, Chris had knee surgery last week so we spent most of the weekend relaxing and helping Chris recover.  I did also manage to get the rest of the Christmas decorations down and all packed up.  I also spent some time in the studio working on card swaps for this weeks Leadership Conference (I can't wait to share them with you later this week).  I was also very excited to try out this weeks Fab Friday Sketch challenge and since I seem to have Valentine's on the brain I knew this would be fun.  Sketch challenges are fun since they give you a basic design as a starting point and then you get to put your spin on it and it's so fun to see where everyone takes it.  I decided to keep this card nice and simple.  The cardbase is Pool Party and I embossed it with the Big Shot and the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  Next I punched three hearts with the large heart punch and the red and silver glimmer paper (this stuff ROCKS!)  The strip of designer series paper is from the More Amore Speciality DSP and I cut a flag on one side and used the bone folder to flip the tails up.  I also added a piece of Primrose Petals stitched satin ribbon.  The greeting is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set and was inked with Stampin' Write markers and then punched out with the large oval punch and sponged around the edge with Pool Party ink.  I used dimensionals to pop up the greeting. 
 
This card is light and fun and a great mailable card.  I love when you don't have to worry about mailing cards that I make so people can enjoy them.
 
Hope you enjoy and happy stamping,
 
Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog