Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sweetheart Topiary, Simple Home Decor

Good morning all!  So I love to decorate for the holidays and put up my Valentine decorations while I'm taking down the Christmas decorations.  I also like to create at least one new thing to add to my decorations each year.  Last year Robin Merriman shared this fabulous topiary with sweetheart candies (see Robin's creation HERE) and I knew I wanted to make one as well, unfortunately I ran out of time last year so I bought the candies on clearance last year and have had it on my list of things to do since.  So during my Christmas vacation I bought the styrofoam cone and started planning my project.  This is so easy to put together, it just takes some time (perfect if you want to watch a great movie).  I used my hot glue gun to glue the hearts in place (I was amazed at how heavy the cone became once it was covered in hearts).   To decorate the top I made a huge bow with Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon and added a small heart punched out of silver glimmer paper to the center. 
 
Aidan loved the cone without any decorations (he said it was "perfect" love him!) but I wanted to add a little so I stamped some hearts from the Hearts a Flutter stamp set and cut them out with the matching framelits and glued them on the cone (this is a great way to hide any imperfections in the candy gluing) along with more silver and red glimmer hearts.  This cone is so cute and looks perfect on the mantel with the lights and other decorations.
Enjoy,
 
Diana

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog