Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fab Friday Sketch Challenge: Oh, Hello

Good evening friends!  What a great weekend, I had a last minute event cancellation which means we had a completely free weekend, a rarity with us so we were able to work on some projects, relax, and I even got to spend several uninterrupted hours in the studio this afternoon and had fun working on several fun projects.  Today I'm sharing the card I made for this weeks Fab Friday Sketch Challenge.  I was so excited when I saw this color challenge and immediately started thinking about valentine's, then I decided to step out of the box and try something different and since I had the Oh, Hello stamp set sitting on my desk just waiting to be inked up things quickly came together.  I started with a Crumb Cake cardbase and stamped the flag image along the border in Crumb Cake (definitely need to use the stamp-a-ma-jig to get it lined up).  Next I stamped the oval chevron image in Pool Party ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and the greeting is stamped with Cherry Cobbler.  Since my new oval framelits are in my order to be delivered this week I used my Paper Snips to trim around the oval.  I matted the oval on a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock that I cut out with the Big Shot and Labels Collection Framelits before embossing it with the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.  The sponged around both layers with Crumb Cake ink.

The flower was colored with Stampin' Write markers directly on the rubber before stamping and then I cut it out with Paper Snips.  It's hard to tell from the picture but I also paper pierced around the label with the paper piercing template (love these!)  The final touch was to add small pieces of the Victoria lace trim and Pool Party SAB ribbon as little flag tails.

This card is so delicate, springy, and fun, I love it!  Make sure to stock up on all your favorite new items during SAB so you can earn Sale-a-bration items for FREE!

Have a great week,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog