Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #327: A Big Thank You (30 Day Gratitude Challenge - Day 5)

Good morning!

We have sure had some colder weather lately that reminds me that winter will be hear soon so I used that as inspiration for this weeks Hand Stamped Sentiments Color challenge and today's gratitude challenge (love when I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.)  Surprisingly I also haven't used any of the items from the Let it Snow Products Suite and as they match this color challenge perfectly it was a no brainer.

I started with Coastal Cabana cardstock for the cardbase and then used Whisper White as a mat for the Shaded Spruce cardfront which was embossed with the Winter Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder.  Next I added a strip of the Let it Snow Speciality Designer Series Paper and matted it with Real Red cardstock.


For the main image I actually went straight to another piece of the DSP (love that one side of each of these papers has glitter so all the hard  work is done.  I used the Stitched Rectangles Dies to cut out the snow man (ran it through twice since I wanted the die cut piece a little shorter than my standard die options) and then matted it with Real Red cardstock before attaching it to the cardfront with dimensionals.

Now for the greeting, it was definitely not in the stamp set that goes with this suite so I used the A Big Thank You stamp set (which has several thank you options) and stamped it in Shaded Spruce ink on Whisper White before cutting it out the with the Layering Ovals Dies.  I used the same dies to cut out the scalloped oval frame from Real Red cardstock and again attached it with dimensionals.  The final touch was to add a knot I tied with Whisper White 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon for a fun snowy look.

Isn't this little snowman cute?  I love this color combination, it's perfect for Christmas to change up the look.  Make sure to check out the other cards the design team is sharing for inspiration and we would love for you to play along with us and share what you create.

Below are easy ordering links for the products used on today's card:

Product List
Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog